Sept. 2015- Present London School of Economics and Political Science, London
MSc Candidate: Politics and Communication
Sept. 2009 – June 2013 University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, UK
BA: International Relations and Modern History
- Dissertation title – The Power of ‘Friending’; How Social Media is Impacting International Relations in the Twenty-first Century. 1st Class.
Oct. 2015 – Present Research Assistant to Damian Tambini, Assistant Professor, LSE, London
- Prepare evidence for complementary European Commission and UK House of Lords consultations addressing digital technologies and online platforms in Europe; Research platforms, attend public hearings and prepare topic briefs.
Sept. 2015 – Present Mind the Bridge, London,
- Conduct research on European startup ecosystem on behalf of Mind the Bridge partner and funder, the European Commission.
- Co-manage “startup scouting” across Europe for funding opportunities for venture fund and Mind the Bridge affiliate, Mind the Seed.
- Prepare presentations, plan and manage events and liaise with corporate partners and startups.
Jan. 2015 – Sept. 2015 Bloomberg L.P., New York, NY
- Segment producer on “Bloomberg Surveillance”. Content focused on macroeconomics, geopolitics, markets and financial news. Daily tasks included guest bookings, story research and control room production. Produced daily segments on “Bloomberg Market Day”. Interviews focus on financial, economic, and technology news.
- Assisted in production of packages for Bloomberg’s International Correspondent. Stories focused on international political and business issues.
- Co-produced interviews for Studio 1.0, Bloomberg TV’s long-form interview series, leading New York-based bookings and field production.
Dec. 2013 – Dec. 2014 Bloomberg L.P., San Francisco, CA
- Contributed to production of daily segments on “Bloomberg West”. Spearheaded the production of three “Bloomberg West” specials: Immigration reform and its impact on the tech community, the rise of health tech, and investing in companies with social capital.
- Co-managed the launch, pre and post-production for Bloomberg Television’s new special long-form series, Studio 1.0. Lead all preparation for Studio 1.0 interviews, including guest booking, field production, and research.
- Assist in research for daily segments for Anchor of “Bloomberg West”, and manage social media and blogging properties for Anchor.
- Manage and prepare all scheduling and calendar-related activities for Anchor including speaking engagements, events, conferences, etc.
Sept. 2013 – Dec. 2013 Internews, Washington D.C. (remote)
Intern, Center for Innovation & Learning
- Assisted Directors and Senior Innovation Advisors on program initiatives.
- Projects included conducting literature reviews, research on global ICT (information computer technology), and drafting funding proposals.
June 2012 – Sept. 2012 Facebook, London
Intern, Policy Communications
- Sole Policy intern for Facebook EMEA, responsible for range of research-based projects surrounding government relations in the UK, and other EMEA markets. Projects included writing briefings, preparing case studies, and developing best practices for Governments and NGOs, specifically focused on internet privacy, safety, security, social business models and the open internet.
- Conducted extensive research on the intersection of communications technologies, new media, and changing political trends.
- Assisted in preparation of Public Relations briefings announcing the launch of the Organ Donation Program in various EU countries.
Jan. 2012 – June 2012 Research Assistant to Jose Antonio Vargas, Remote from St. Andrews, UK
- Assisted Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and co-founder of Define American in research for his writing in The Guardian, TIME, and Huffington Post. Tasks included story research, secondary interviews, and pitches.
June 2011 – Aug. 2011 CNN, New York, NY
Intern, CNN Money Unit
- Assisted in the production of CNN financial news shows. Everyday tasks included assisting producers in research, booking guests, editing, transcribing, post and field production.
June 2010 – Aug. 2010 CNN International, London
Intern, International News Desk
- Worked as newsroom intern, assisting producers, guest bookers, and correspondents. Everyday tasks included story research, editing, transcribing and assistance on the set.
I enjoy reading, cooking, hiking and practising yoga. My wanderlust has led me to 28 countries. My ideal Sunday morning would involve a big cup of tea and this week’s edition of The Economist. My favorite book of all-time is Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises. If I was stuck on an island for the rest of my life, the one thing I would take with me is a notebook.